St. Olav's Guild


Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$image_file_name in /home/prod/app/cache/_home_prod_app_modules_web_views_print_objectdetails.volt.php on line 59
Culture, leisure/ Concert halls
Harju maakond Tallinn Kesklinna linnaosa Pikk tn 24
Website: https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olevi_gild
Phone: 372 669 9947
Email: lilian.sarapuu@mustpeademaja.ee

Description
The Guild Hall is located in the Olav Guild Building. It is the oldest and most ceremonial room in the building, dating from 1419–1422. The hall is located on the first floor. It can be accessed through the entrance to the House of the Blackheads. The Olavi Room is also on the first floor, a few steps higher. Portable stair-climbing tracks are available at the House of the Blackheads if required. In the Middle Ages, the Olav Guild brought together craftsmen from various trades, including tailors, butchers, coopers, stonemasons, carpenters, boatmen, bell makers and gravediggers, most of whom were Estonians. At the end of the 17th century, the guild was merged with the Kanut Guild. The Olav Guild already had its own meeting place in the 14th century. Over the centuries, the building was rebuilt several times, and its medieval façades have not survived. In 1919, the Brotherhood of the Blackheads purchased the Olav Guild Hall and incorporated it into the House of the Blackheads. The well-preserved and renovated two-aisled vaulted guild hall is now used as a concert venue known for its good acoustics. The Guild Hall can be accessed through the House of the Blackheads at Pikk Street 26.